How can I manage my punch settings?
Managing your Punch settings can be fairly easy to set up.
Keep in mind that when changing those settings, there's no "save changes" needed it's automatically saved when changed.
Time-Clock Module-> Account Settings in the left navigation panel-> Punch tab
The Following settings can be modified:
- Time-Card & Punch Edit - Set whether Managers can edit and delete their Employees timecards or whether Employees can edit and delete their own timecards
- Shift Description - Set whether users should be prompted to provide a description when punching out. Options are: Off, Prompt, or Require
- Punch Button Text - Change the text that appears on the buttons instead of Begin, End, and Shift
- Outstanding Punches - Set the time at which a punch that has not been punched out is considered outstanding.
Employees punching out of outstanding shifts will be asked to confirm their punch out time before being able to punch in again.
- Grace Period - Enable and set a duration to allow users to punch in late by a certain amount of time (Schedule is required for this to be applied)
If the grace period is set to 15 minutes, and an employee punches in within 15 minutes of the start of their shift, their punch will be recorded as that of their shift start time; anything beyond the grace period will not fall back to the shift start time.
- Rounding - Enable time rounding and the rounding amount.
If the rounding amount is set to 15 minutes, and an employee punches in at 7:04 AM, their punch will be rounded to 7:00 AM. Adversely, if an employee punches in at 7:10 AM, their punch will be rounded to 7:15 AM.
- Overtime Prevention - Prevent employees from punching in early or late by enabling and setting a threshold (Schedule is required for this to be applied)
If your employees punch in before they are scheduled to start, the recorded punch time will be that of the schedule, if the punch falls within the threshold. For example, if an employee is scheduled to start at 8:30 AM, and a 30-minute threshold is set, any punch made between 8 AM and 8:30 AM will be recorded as 8:30 AM.
If your employees punch out after the end of a shift, the recorded punch time will be the end of the shift. For example, if an employee is scheduled to work until 5:30 PM, and a 30-minute threshold is set, any punch made between 5:30 PM and 6 PM will be recorded as 5:30 PM.